This time, I actually went to Zzip for a legit dinner, instead of just devouring oysters ;p
I decided to have several appetizers instead of ordering the conventional appetizer+main, since their appetizers all looked so good and I couldn't just narrow them down to one. So, in the end, I picked the pan seared foie gras, buffalo mozzarella with tomato, and deep fried soft shell crab with grapefruit mayo. And got my usual favorite oysters, Kumamoto, Blue Point and Saldanha Bay. Janet also ordered a scallop and snow peas parpadelle.
I've recently become a foie gras convert, and zzip's foie gras was LOVELY! The two hearty pieces were crisp on the outside, and buttery smooth on the inside. It came with an arugula salad and glazed pear, and boy, do these three elements come together so ever wonderfully :) Tasted even better than I last remember it.
You can't really go wrong with buffalo mozzarella and tomato. It was what I had expected, yum :) But the deep fried soft shell crab was a bit of a disappoinment. It didn't turn out as crispy as I had expected, and the grapefruit mayo wasn't that flavorful and was a bit watery. Will skip this next time!
My oysters were fresh, creamy and chewy as usual. Gotta hand it to the Saldanha Bays tho, so creamy and sweet, but still comes in a decent size unlike the tiny Kumamotos. They were so good I had to order seconds and thirds hehe.
Last course before dessert was the parpadelle. The pasta itself is handmade and it was cooked just right. Though the scallops were fresh and the peas were sweet, I thought overall the dish was a bit on the bland side with no real sauce. But then again, I was never a big fan of pasta except for lasagnas.
Saved the best for last! I normally don't order dessert at dinners because I'm usually too full to chow down another course, but when I saw the ginger caramel creme brulee on the menu I HAD to try it. Plus I had been craving creme brulee for the past 6 months haha, which may be why the dessert tasted EXTRA delicious. I have never had creme brulee that is so smooth and silky, and the flavors complemented each other so well. The ginger gave it just the right amount of touch, and the caramel was not too sweet. I was on such a high after I ate this, so amazing. I could eat this silky creme brulee every day and not get sick of it.
Pictures to come. Though most of them I snapped AFTER I took some bites out of the plate, hehe sorry. They were too tempting ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment